Promoting news and events
Please find on this page a listing of RISD’s primary news and events channels as well as information about:
News and events channels
The primary channels RISD uses to share timely news, events and updates are as follows:
- www.risd.edu, the institution’s primary site, which includes a section for news and events
- alumni.risd.edu, a site for alumni managed by Institutional Engagement
- families.risd.edu, a site for families managed by Institutional Engagement
- events.risd.edu, RISD’s central events calendar
- involved.risd.edu, a hub for co-curricular student events and programming managed by the Center for Student Involvement (CSI)
- the MyRISD app, available for download via the Apple App Store and Google Play
- institutional social media pages—Instagram @RISD1877, Twitter @risd, Facebook @RISD1877 and LinkedIn @RISD1877—and departmental accounts across the above platforms (contact Jaime Marland for guidance on starting or maintaining a RISD-related social media account)
In addition, there are a number of newsletters produced across RISD, including:
- RISD in Motion for campus (President’s Office | Taylor Scott)
- Faculty News for campus (Provost’s Office | submission form)
- RISD at Work for employees (HR | Cassie Goryl)
- Fine Arts for the division and those who opt in (Fine Arts | Laurie Chronley)
- RISD Alumni Association newsletter for alumni (IE | Evan Gallivan)
- RISD Families Association newsletter for families (IE | Evan Gallivan)
- RISD Community Update for local community partners (President’s Office | Bethany Costello)
- RISD in the Media, an opt-in roundup of media coverage and risd.edu news stories (Media Group | Jaime Marland)
Hosting an event?
If it’s an event, workshop or other programming open to the RISD community and/or the broader public, post it on events.risd.edu via the “Submit an Event” button, which will direct you to a Localist-powered events management platform. Anyone with a RISD email address and login credentials can post events.
Community-created events listings are a key source of content for other communication channels, such as social media. If you plan to record and post your event, include the following in the listing: “Please note: This event will be recorded and posted online by RISD and may also be posted by any external parties involved; please turn off your video if you do not wish to have your image shown."