The Media Group articulates, stewards and amplifies RISD’s brand to drive engagement with and within the institution through public relations, creative marketing, and digital strategies and products.
The team achieves its mission by:
- developing, coordinating and driving marketing and communications strategies, campaigns and initiatives in alignment with institutional priorities as articulated in NEXT: RISD 2020–2027.
- providing direction and expertise to others who communicate internally and externally on RISD’s behalf through enabling tools and systems.
- managing and operating core communication channels.
Led by Kerci Marcello Stroud, chief marketing and communications officer—with support from Jill Feingold, administrative assistant—the team includes:
We develop and champion the college’s visual brand internally and externally to engage and inform RISD’s key audiences and help advance the strategic plan.
We do this by:
- Producing and directing creative strategies, campaigns and modes of storytelling for RISD’s digital, print and social marketing channels to achieve the college’s communications objectives.
- Providing guidance, tools and support to the larger campus community and external vendors for how to bring the RISD brand to life.
Huy Vu | Creative Director
Jay Davani | Production Coordinator
Jordan Gushwa | Design Lead
Lauren Maas | Creative Strategist
Mrityunjay Marol | Graphic Designer
We oversee RISD’s digital media ecosystem strategy, building and advocating toward a more strategically consistent, intentional and audience-focused digital campus.
We do this by:
- Developing and executing the strategy for risd.edu, managing the site’s day-to-day content and technical operations and evolving the site in partnership with Creative and other institutional stakeholders.
- Advising and/or managing select digital products and initiatives, ensuring that we put an understanding of user goals at the forefront of all decision-making, and stewarding content creation and website governance.
Brian Clark | Senior Director, Digital Experience
Robert Albanese | Senior Digital Content Editor/Writer
Carrie Miller | Digital Experience Producer
Digital Experience is also part of Information Technology Services (ITS).
We develop and execute RISD’s public relations strategy to further bolster the college’s standing as the premier college for art and design in the US and around the globe and help advance President Somerson’s vision for the institution as articulated in the strategic plan.
We do this by:
- Creating and managing traditional media, social media, speaking engagements, advertising and other brand awareness opportunities for the institution, as well as crisis management and mitigation.
- Contributing to RISD’s campus communications efforts, particularly in complex situations, helping to ensure students, faculty and staff have the accurate and timely information they need to engage in their roles and to foster a strong sense of community.
- Drive RISD’s content creation strategy around timely news and happenings, determining what to highlight and how best to do so via a combination of owned (e.g. risd.edu), shared (social), earned (e.g. press) or paid media.
Jaime Marland | Senior Director, Public Relations
Danielle Mancuso | Senior Public Relations Specialist
Simone Solondz | Senior News Writer/Copy Editor